Effective Websites and Blogs with WordPress («WPRESS»)
- Knowing the benefits of themes and the layout possibilities of visual editors
- Development, design and successful administration of your own responsive, search engine optimized and effective WordPress website
WordPress is by far the most popular content management system worldwide. Today, one in four websites is operated with WordPress. For WordPress there is an unmanageable number of prefabricated themes or templates with which excellent responsive websites can be created. Thanks to the use of these themes and visual layout editors, you too can create fantastic websites without code or programming knowledge.
- Provider and domain selection criteria
- Installing WordPress
- Introduction to the basics
- The user interface
- Theme selection
- Installation of theme and child theme
- Visual layout editors (Visual Composers & Co.)
- Use of different media (images, video and audio)
- Structure of a menu structure
- Parallax scrolling, video backgrounds, ...
- Slideshows (revolution slider)
- Contact forms
- Most important plugins
- Correct copywriting and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Tips and tricks
- Backup and security measures against hackers
This course is aimed at everyone who is interested in web design. The course is especially aimed at designers who want to layout websites without having any programming knowledge, print designers who want to enter the web world without code and people who want to run their own chic website.
You bring along a good understanding of the use of computers.
Info about the room equipment
Our courses take place on Windows or Apple devices. On request, we will be happy to provide you with an Apple computer in Zurich and Bern. Please let us know in advance by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also bring your own laptop.