Cloud Operations on AWS with JAM – Intensive Training («AWSS1J»)
- Use standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling from the command line
- Use AWS CloudFormation and other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
- Build functioning virtual private networks with Amazon VPC from the ground up using the AWS Management Console
- Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances
- Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud
- Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tools such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor
- Select and implement the best strategy for creating reusable Amazon EC2 instances
- Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer, with the system scaling up and down in response to demand
- Edit and troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition
AWS JAM Day will be featured on the final, 4th day of this course, as a gamified event where you will be split into teams to compete in a series of best practice challenges based on concepts covered in the course. In addition to the hands-on labs of the ILT courses, an additional day of curated and instructor-facilitated challenges allows learners to use AWS Jam to address real-world scenarios, representing common operational and troubleshooting tasks relevant for your job role. You will be able to apply your knowledge in a safe and real AWS environment and score points if you solve the challenge correctly. The aim of an AWS Jam is to develop, improve, and validate your skills in the AWS cloud and get ready to use your practical skills when you are back on your daily job.
- Cloud Operations on AWS Overview
- Networking in the Cloud
- Computing in the Cloud
- Storage and Archiving in the Cloud
- Monitoring in the Cloud
- Managing Resource Consumption in the Cloud
- Configuration Management in the Cloud
- Creating Scalable Deployments in the Cloud
- Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
Day 4: AWS Jam Day
- Solve real-world challenges together as a team in a safe AWS environment, guided by your instructor
- Compete against other teams to win the challenge with your colleagues and put your AWS skills into action
- All challenges are based on the scope of the course and will support your learning curve in a very effective way
Consists of the following modules
This course comes in 4 instructor-led full day sessions with the instructor supervising the participants live. Each course consits of theory parts with live demos and practical lab exercises. The course can be attended either on-site at a physical Digicomp location or virtually via Zoom. Please also refer to each course's description for specific details regarding the prerequisites and the covered topics.
The last day of the course is an AWS JAM: Transform your theoretical skills into practical doing by solving real-word problems in a sandbox environment.
This course is intended for the following job roles:
- Cyber Security
Why should you attend this specific course? What are my benefits from taking this course? The Voice of the Instructor answers these questions. We have asked our instructor team to write a short text about WHY this course is very relevant for the respective job roles and what you can expect from attending the course. You can find this section in the course description under the «Additional Information» section.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- some experience with maintaining operating systems at the command line (shell scripting in Linux environments, cmd or PowerShell in Windows)
- basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)
and have attended the following course (or have equivalent knowledge):
This course prepares you to achieve the following official AWS Certification: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
Voice of the Instructor
Dive into the world of cloud operations with the «Cloud Operations on AWS» course, formerly known as «System Operations on AWS. This associate-level course is designed for system administrators, DevOps engineers, and other IT professionals who want to gain hands-on experience in managing and operating systems and applications on the AWS platform. Learn about AWS management and automation tools, monitoring and logging services, resource and instance management, and security and access control to optimize your organization's cloud infrastructure and applications on AWS.
The «Cloud Operations on AWS» course provides a strong foundation in AWS operations, which is crucial for understanding the platform and effectively managing resources. Enhance your understanding of AWS concepts by leveraging your existing IT knowledge with the guidance of our expert instructors, as the course skillfully draws parallels between on-premises environments and AWS cloud environments. Benefit from the similarities in managing servers and compute resources, storage, networking, and monitoring, while also bridging the gap between your existing knowledge and AWS-specific concepts and best practices.
After completing this foundational course, consider advancing your AWS knowledge and skills by taking one or more courses such as «Architecting on AWS», «DevOps Engineering on AWS» and «Security Engineering on AWS». Each course targets specific interests and goals, allowing you to customize your learning path and enhance your career.
Join the «Cloud Operations on AWS» course on one of the listed course dates and elevate your skills in managing and operating systems and applications on the AWS platform. Don't miss this opportunity to gain a well-rounded understanding of the AWS platform and its powerful tools and services. Enroll now and take the first step towards expanding your cloud operations knowledge and expertise.